Why you should attend this workshop?
This one-day workshop is a practical look at some of the more significant aspects of the NEC3 / NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract. Each of the contractual areas covered will consider what the specific aspects are for that element of the contract, before carrying out in small groups an associated practical exercise to enhance the level of understanding as to how it can be administered in practice.
Attendees of this course will have a much clearer practical understanding of these specific processes and see how they should administer them for the benefit of all Parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- the main parameters for choice of primary and secondary options
- communication forms and consideration of what should be included
- early warnings and the production/maintenance of the Risk Register
- main programme requirements and what should go into a programme and an associated narrative with each submission
- consideration as to which events do or do not constitute compensation events and the resultant process
- assessing the Price for Work Done to Date (interim assessments)
Recommended for: This workshop is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working under an ECC contract including project managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors, clients, consultants, planners, contractors and their supply chain. This session will be suitable for those who are relatively new to these forms of contract as well as those who are already more experienced in the contract and looking to enhance their level of knowledge and understanding.